Fritz Pro Aquatics Calcium Chloride 35lbs
FritzPro Calcium Chloride Anhydrous can be used alone or as part of a two part calcium and alkalinity supplement system to raise calcium levels in enclosed reef systems.
Monitoring and maintaining calcium levels is an important part of helping to stabilize water chemistry values, resulting in better coral, coralline algae and invertebrate growth and health.
- Pure, anhydrous calcium chloride
- Professional reef supplement
- Raises calcium in reef tanks
- Convenient/economical high-grade bulk calcium for experienced marine/reef aquarists
- Provides supplemental calcium to reef inhabitants such as corals, snails, hard tube worms and clams
- Promotes the growth of purple, pink and green calcareous algae
Directions & Dosage
1 gram per 10 gallons will raise calcium level approx. 10 ppm. One teaspoon (approx. 5.2 g) per 10 gallons will raise calcium 50 ppm. Dissolve appropriate amount of calcium chloride in RO/DI or distilled water. It is recommended to dose in partial increments of 1/3 to 1/2 of the total. Wait 24 hours after first partial dose, check calcium levels, dose another portion.
Note: Due to the variation of granular size, conversion between volume and weight of powdered products are approximate; as a precaution, dose less than the calculated amount and measure the effect before adding the total amount.
CAUTION: This product becomes hot when mixed with water, use rubber gloves. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash hands after handling.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place with lid tightly sealed. Keep out of reach of children.