Neptune Systems LD-3 Optical Multi-Surface Leak Sensor
Be alerted of water spillage and take corrective action before disaster strikes
- Optical sensor technology
- More reliable than analog counterparts
- Epoxy-coated and corrosion-resistant
- Can be reused after contact with water
- Nonreactive to metallic surfaces-- no more false alarms
- Multiple applications-- can be placed almost anywhere
- Weighted to stay flat
- Connects to FMM port to communicate with Neptune Apex controllers
Neptune's LD-3 Multi-Surface Optical Leak Sensor marks a significant improvement over its analog counterpart, the LD-2 Solid Surface Leak Detection Probe. While the LD-2 utilizes conductive strips to detect fluid leaks on surfaces around your aquarium, the LD-3 takes advantage of optical sensor technology instead. This shift in sensor technology gives the LD-3 two distinct advantages over the LD-2:
- Reusable and resistant to corrosion. The LD-3 sensor can be reused after contact with water. Unlike the conductive strips of the LD-2 which are prone to corrosion from contact with saltwater, the LD-3's epoxy-coated optical sensors can continue to provide long-lasting leak detection after repeated contact with saltwater & with no risk of corrosion!
- Multi-surface applications with no false alarms. The conductive strips used on the LD-2 can sometimes give a false alarm when placed on metallic surfaces. With its optical sensor, the LD-3 can effectively be used on any surface material type, including metal and epoxied cement, without the risk of triggering false alarms.